Shannon design MT800A-TGM acoustic blankets are used in the harsh conditions of industry with surface temperatures between 450F to 800F. This highly robust acoustic blanket system is ideal for industrial, process environments. In addition, this design can accommodate outdoor weather conditions as the jacketing materials are oil and water resistant. A self contained blanket with integral fasteners, this acoustic blanket design meets the mark on performance reduction while at the same time, it offers easy access for inspection, service and repair. Shannon acoustic blankets are flexible and easy to install and remove.
Common Applications and Markets
Compressors, Pumps, Steam Turbines, Gas Turbines, Blowers, Fans, Machinery and Equipment.
Up to 800˚F (427˚C).
4 – 15 DBA Reduction Overall Finished
Finished Surface Mass
1.7lb/ft² (8.3 kg/m²) to 3.7lb/ft² (18.1 kg/m²)
The Outer Jacket is a 16.5oz/yd² (560g/m²) PTFE Teflon® Impregnated Fiberglass Cloth. The “Reflector” a Mass Loaded Vinyl “Reflector” – 1.0lb/ft² (4.9kg/ m²)-2.0lb/ft² (9.8kg/m²). The inner jacket consists of a layer of Stainless Steel Knitted Wire Mesh on the outside, encasing a layer of 17.7 oz/yd² (601g/m²) Plain Fiberglass Cloth. The “Absorber” an Insulation Core Material is an 11 lb/ft3 (176.2 kg/m3 ) Fiberglass Needled Mat-Type “E” Fiber. The Fiberglass Mat is encapsulated by the inner & outer jacketing. The Blanket System includes Integral Fasteners for install & removal.
Blanket Thickness Surface Temperature Reference
* The above referenced Cold Face Surface Temperatures should be used as guidelines for blanket insulation thickness design.
* The Cold Face Surface Temperature of the blanket should approach surrounding ambient temperature conditions.
* The economic thickness of the blanket should consider blanket cost, thermal performance and blanket design constraints.
* Heat Loss Calculations are based on a 21.1˚ C (70˚ F) ambient temperature using a flat surface condition.
* The above referenced Acoustic Performance should be used as a guideline for blanket insulation thickness design.
* The Acoustic Performance of the blanket should be bench marked against the ambient noise condition.
* The economic thickness of the blanket should be considered in selection of a target reduction with consideration to blanket design constraints.
* Contact Shannon Enterprises for guidance in selection, as the historical performance of each application varies significantly.