Shannon design LT250A-VP is designed specifically for HVAC equipment, namely Liquid Chillers. This highly robust acoustic blanket system accommodates the harsh condition of the commercial mechanical room setting while still offering a user-friendly, cost-effective blanket that is easy to remove and re-install for service, inspection and or repair. The blanket offering is both custom fit and or a standard design, based on the chiller manufacturer, model and size. Expect a range of reduction performance based on the offering from 4 dBA to 10 dBA. Shannon experts will size the correct package to meet the sound target.
Common Applications and Markets
Shannon Acoustic Blanket Applications include: Trane, Carrier, York, Daiken & Bitzer as both custom and standard acoustic packages. Liquid Chillers include Centrifugal, Screw and Scroll Compressors, Air Cooled and Water Cooled Units, from 10 Ton to 5000 Ton Capacity.
This design is to act as a Thermal/Acoustic Noise Barrier with a maximum service temperature of 250˚F (121˚C).
4 – 15 dBA Reduction Overall Finished Surface Mass: 1.7lb/ft² (8.3 kg/m²) to 3.7lb/ft² (18.1 kg/m²)
Finished Surface Mass
1.7lb/ft² (8.3 kg/m²) to 3.7lb/ft² (18.1 kg/m²)
Outer/Inner Jacketing – 18.0oz/yd² (611g/m²) Vinyl Coated Polyester Cloth. Mass Loaded Vinyl “Reflector” – 1.0lb/ft²-2.0lb/ft² (4.9kg/m²-9.8kg/m²). Insulation Core Absorber – 11lb/ft³ (176.2 kg/m³ ) Fiberglass Needled MatType E Fiber. The Fiberglass Mat is encapsulated by the Outer/Inner Jacketing and sewn together, producing a Self-Contained Blanket System. The Blanket System includes Integral Fasteners for install & removal.
Blanket Thickness Surface Temperature Reference
* The above referenced Cold Face Surface Temperatures should be used as guidelines for blanket insulation thickness design.
* The Cold Face Surface Temperature of the blanket should approach surrounding ambient temperature conditions.
* The economic thickness of the blanket should consider blanket cost, thermal performance and blanket design constraints.
* Heat loss calculations are based on a 21.1˚ C (70˚ F) ambient temperature using a flat surface condition.
* The above referenced Acoustic Performance should be used as a guideline for blanket insulation thickness design.
* The Acoustic Performance of the blanket should be bench marked against the ambient noise condition.
* The economic thickness of the blanket should be considered in selection of a target reduction with consideration to blanket design constraints.
* Contact Shannon for guidance in selection, as the historical performance of each application varies significantly.